Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Livin' on the edge

I'm not sick. But, I'm about as close as I can get to being sick, without actually being sick. Does that make any sense? I have a slight runny nose at times (clear, so no infection (Insert mean joke here about me always being a little snotty)), I blow my nose a few times a day, and I have a slight nagging sore throat. I'm constantly tired, but that's a side effect of the jobs. It's getting me run down, though, so I need to be vigilant about not succumbing to the sickness.

When people sneeze at work, I sanitize my hands, then hold up my sleeve and breathe through that. When the smoker across from me comes back from a break, stinking, I breathe through my sleeve. (I mentioned it to my manager and thought he and HR addressed it, need to bring it up again.) If I walk past someone who sneezed, I hold my breath until I pass.
I have at least one Emergen-C every day to get 500% of my recommended amount of vitamin C. Does it help? The jury is still out. I'm probably just producing expensive urine, but it's worth it, if even a little gets absorbed.

The biggest thing is sleep! If I have a spare hour during the day, I don't try to clean the house or do anything. Nope, I lay down on the couch with kitty, who's an excellent napper! Even if I don't fall into deep sleep, I'm still resting and giving my body down time, and giving my brain time to shut down.

Thursday is the last day I have morning work, it's also the last day I see the students. I'm working from home, so I'll be spared the office germs, and I have a surgical mask in my purse if the kids are sick. School is closed on Friday, and I'll be sleeping, resting, and eventually making it to yoga.

I'm pretty much guaranteed to get sick after the race, when I'm inundated with germs, but my white blood cells are busy trying to repair my legs. That's fine. Just get through Sunday heathy!!!!

The forecast still looks amazing, if a little hot. I'll need to deliberately add more salt to my diet on Friday and Saturday. Otherwise, don't overthink it. It's not supposed to hit 70 until 1pm, when I should be done. More incentive to finish fast!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment