Saturday, February 27, 2016

2016 Goals

At the end of last year, I figured out my goals / plans for 2016. Sadly, I think it was during the December 26 run that ignited the PF that I had time and really thought about what I wanted to accomplish. I don't call them resolutions, but plans because I fully intend to complete them.

1. Run a half PR in Toledo (awesome flat course, pacing teams)
2. PR the 1 mile, 10k and full in Cincinnati (audacious, yes, but I did it in 2015)
3. Run a 5k under 26 minutes off the treadmill
4. Run 1500+ miles throughout the year.
5. Run 200 miles in a month.

Then the PF flared up and everything changed.

The new goal, there's only one:

Finish every race I've already entered without requiring medical evacuation off the course.

I haven't registered for anything new since the PF started haunting me. There's a 5k in Ann Arbor in a few weeks that I'd like to do, but I can't see paying $35 to have fun, knowing full well a PR isn't in the cards right now. Besides, I have more than enough race shirts. Grown-up Michelle says buying 3 shares of Ford stock is a better use of that $35. Dang, being responsible can be so lame!!!! haha

At this point, I don't even know if I'll enter the Chicago lottery. Legacy status is no longer a thing, so I'm not sure I want to invest the money, not sure if I'll be able to train this summer. I have until April 12 to decide.

One of my long long long term plans is to run 5 marathons in 5 states in 5 days. Maybe 2017, maybe after my hypothetical child grows up and stops sucking my time and money. Assuming I ever tame this PF, I've been thinking about doing back to back marathons in the fall (back to back days, not weekends, been there, done that). It's all about expectation management - neither would be a PR. Maybe a 50k. I've always sworn up and down I hate trail running, but street running isn't good for the PF and I don't want to be on the track forever. Maybe I become a trail runner out of necessity. I don't like uncertainty, I like seeing the steps all laid out ahead of me then following the steps I've designed :D

Btw, I'm still with Nita's crunch challenge - does it ever end...? At first I hated it. Now I mildly tolerate it. It got easier, and seeing results is a huge motivator. I do 100 or more crunches, with some variety for boredom, ie, move out one foot, then the other, cross one leg over the other knee, then raise leg straight up. My goal is 100, sometimes I lose count and do more. After that, I typically do a "Pilates 100" although today was about 400. The absolute best song for that is Moves Like Jagger. It's 128 beats per minute with a steady constant beat. I don't even count reps, just hit every beat. Now I need to slow down the snacking and really see these abs!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment