Sunday, February 14, 2016

De-Progress

It's valentines day weekend. Last year Bill and I went to Myrtle Beach and I ran a PR in the half marathon. This year, I'm hanging out alone with Butterfly, my sweet little kitty and dealing with PF. No romantic trips, no PRs on my agenda. I needed some serious endorphins!!! Sometimes running is the only thing that makes sense.

Best Valentine ever :D
It was 12 degrees on Saturday. But it was sunny!!!! I don't have a gym membership - part of my decision to buy my own spin bike was that I wouldn't join a gym, I'd either run outside or bike inside if the weather was heinous. Somehow 12 degrees didn't seem that heinous (besides I feel like doing speed work on the TM contributed greatly to the PF). I put on about 8 layers of clothing and headed out. 6.2 miles last Saturday felt fine, so I went for 7 this week.

Not fine.

My foot hurt during the run (as is normal) and especially after. Ice, massage, stretch, roll, repeat. It still hurts. Sigh

The weather certainly didn't help any. Did I mention it was 12 degrees? I wore multiple layers of warm clothing, but my muscles never warmed up, and my feet felt like frozen blocks. It was a mess and I feel like I'm back at square one with the PF :(

2 comments:

  1. This is not what I wanted to read for you. I am so sorry. OH jeesh, I have been really hoping I would see you at the Martian. BTW..Great job on the CRUNCHES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be at the Martian. Doing the half, will wait to see you finish and have cookies for you! (or whatever goodies they're offering)

      Delete