Saturday, April 16, 2016

Fighting Gravity

Apologies to my male runners, this is another post about bras. See ya next time! :)

In the very pit of my heart, I hold a grudge against UnderArmour for discontinuing the Endure sports bra. I bought my first one in 2008 and repeatedly bought at least 2 a year until they changed the model for their high impact bra. I then found one on Amazon for about $40, then one final one on eBay for $29. It was white and sold as "damaged" because it had a small pen stain, and a makeup stain on the back, tags still attached. I can wash off the makeup, and just don't care about the ink. I haven't been able to find any more :(

Eventually I had to find something different, but all the bras nowadays seem to be a lot lower cut. Are we wearing them to support the girls or to look "sexy"? Pfft! Give me a sports bra that comes up to my collarbone!

Seriously. What is the point of this little knobby stitch???
REI is where I found the Endure in the first place, but they now sell MovingComfort. I bought Fiona style. It's ok, a total pain to get on because it has eye hooks in the back, so you pull it over the head, adjust the hooks, then tighten the velcro on the shoulders. The weirdest thing was a small stitch right in the center that has no purpose. I suppose it's to make it "nicer looking." Just. Don't. Care. I want my sports bras to fit like a straitjacket. The first time I wore it, the stitch rubbed a sore on my breastbone, so I immediately cut the stitch and smoothed out the neckline. Overall rating: 6/10. It basically works. It's expensive ($66) and a total pain to get on.

A few weeks ago I was at Meijer and browsed through the fitness clothing. For shirts, they're about 1/3 the price of Athleta. Not that I ever buy running shirts, I just felt like looking. I saw their version of a high impact sports bra, looked at it, tugged on the tightness of the band and finally tried it on. The RBX maximum support bra is a zip-up design, which I don't love, but it sells for $26, and this week they were sold buy 1, get 1 half off. Two bras for $42 :D It's not the most flattering looking bra, but again, just don't care! Support and comfort wise, it's equivalent to the big name companies. Overall rating: 8/10. It works and it's cheap. Only available in black or gray, but things like that don't matter to me.

For what it's worth, the UnderArmour Endure rating was a 10+/10. I should have bought them in bulk :)

2 comments:

  1. HA HA..When you have a 12 year old boy body Sports bras come in different colors, designs and in a box of 100! BANDAIDS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God made every one of us perfect how we are, then gave people the technical wherewithal to create what we need :)

      Delete