Thursday, April 21, 2016

Today is/is not the best day of my life

Driving in to work on the day of the 2014 Chicago marathon lottery, the last song I heard was The Best Day of my Life and I just knew I would be picked. It became my theme song for the race.

Today is 2016 lottery day and with the foot, I didn't even enter. I heard the song after work and momentarily felt a tiny bit sad because I love the race so much. Then I reminded myself that a break from crazy mileage running is the ultimate first world problem.

I flipped to the next station, which was Andy Grammar's Good to be Alive. Amen! I feel like I have a lot of big things up in the air right now, looking for a new job, moving at some point, if a child happens, it'll have to be sooner rather than later. The big things are all in a state of flux, but they're going to start falling in place and everything is going to be amazing. It will all work out exactly how it's meant to.

Another song that says it all is by Sixx AM, Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful. See?! I'm not all angry hateful swearing cardio music :D


No comments:

Post a Comment