Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July

I dragged myself through the Flying Pig marathon. Hell yeah it was a bad idea!!!! But my entire goal was to finish without medical intervention and despite the 85 degree heat and sun, Pam from Dallas and I finished together.

Then I stopped running.

May....

June....

My foot feels so-so. Some days are better than others. It's never 100%, but I'm sick of biking and feeling my abs get squishy is a terrible sensation.

I had to try!!! Something!!!

One Sunday morning, I went out and ran 1 mile. No watch, no music, just a slow test run. It felt ok. No ok as in "this is fantastic, as good as new." But ok as in "I can deal with this."

The real test would be the next morning. Previously, even a 1-miler would have me aching and hobbling for two days afterward.

Monday morning felt no worse than usual. So I took the day off, and the next, which seems to be my new pattern: a short run, then two days rest. I ran 1.25, 2.0, 2.5 and it's manageable. That's the best I can hope for at this point. I'm deliberately keeping it under 3 miles the whole month, lest I give myself shin splints...

1 comment:

  1. ohhh SISTER! I LOVE YOUR PERSEVERENCE. never NEVER GIVE UP. Your tenacity alone is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete