Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The timely question

Tomorrow is my first "tempo" run, a training run done at race pace, so it's time to make a big decision - What exactly is my goal pace??? I shot for 9:30s when I trained for Chicago in 2015, but that seems too fast for my comeback tour. I haven't run more than a few 9:30s since I've been back. 10:30 is comfortable, but is to too slow? Is 10 flat too fast? Decisions decisions...

Update - I decided to take a moderate approach and set a goal pace of 10:15. Faster than my last go-round with the Pig that resulted in a 10-minute + PR, but not so fast that I'll flame out early like Chicago 2015. I have to fully expect it to be in the 80s and humid. If things are going well after 18 miles, I can pick up the pace. That happened to me before. Once...

No comments:

Post a Comment