Sunday, February 5, 2017

Weather, lazy, falling apart

I try to not let the weather deter my running, unless there's several inches of snow on the ground, or ice, etc. One year I always ran, regardless of how cold it was. Recently, though, I've become a baby with the cold. Call me crazy, but I don't want to be outside when the wind chill is under 20 degrees. I improvise and do "equivalent enough" workouts.

Thursday I was scheduled to run 5 miles, I did a YouTube spin class for an hour, dripping sweat off my forehead onto the floor. It was more anaerobic than an easy run.

Friday I should have run 4 miles. I made a stop after work and it was crazy cold and dark, so I ran in place for 42 minutes, mixing in high knees, high kicks back, and speed drills.

Saturday I volunteered at a RunningFit event in exchange for a $30 voucher off the Martian. By the time I got home, it was dark and under 20 degrees so I did Jake Maulin's endurance ride. I had forgotten how tough his rides are!!!! It was good, then as I was stepping off, I felt a slight twinge in my right upper quad/hip area.

Sunday, I still notice it. The Hansons want a 4-miler today, but it seems more beneficial to rest this twinge, heating pad, roll it, and not let it continue to be a factor. Maybe do an easy easy bike to loosen my joints. If it's not one thing, it's another. Getting older is for the birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment