Thursday, April 20, 2017

Why I love the Pig

The Flying Pig makes a big deal out of "streakers" or those runners who have completed multiple marathons. One of their distinctions is the Squadron, for runners who have completed 5 or more marathons. Getting to this level was the primary reason I dragged my injured untrained self through it last year. This will be my 5th finish, which I'm well aware of, but because they are so awesome, I got this email on my birthday, no less. A+ for communication Mr. Piggie :)

We have so many loyal Flying Pig Marathon participants that we want to reward your loyalty by expanding our Flying Pig Squadron.  Our records indicate that you have completed four Flying Pig marathons and are close to becoming a Squadron member! Squadron members will receive special recognition, plus a commemorative medal for each five-marathon milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment