Wednesday, August 9, 2017

2 month slump

The race is exactly two months from yesterday. Two months from right now it'll all be a memory. Every training cycle, right around the halfway mark, I reach the point I'm at now - bored, not wanting to train anymore, fatigued by the daily grind of training, sick of the time commitment, sick of so much laundry. It's not fun anymore.

I need to make it a few more weeks, then in the last 3-4 weeks, the end is in sight and I always get a second wind. This stretch though - make it go faster!!

Something to look forward to: Chicago is bringing in a number of former winners to help celebrate the 40th anniversary, including the woman I've been wanting to meet ever since I started with marathons in 2010 - Ms Paula Radcliffe, who set the women's marathon record way back in 2003 and while the men's record has fallen several times since then, no woman has been even close to breaking Paula's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment